Dent Instruments ELITEpro Portable Power Datalogger
The ELITEpro is our best selling portable power monitor and electricity datalogger. It's #1 because of versatility and price.The ELITEpro Recording Poly-Phase Power Meter measures, logs and analyzes electrical loads to manage your energy usage and is your complete solution to pinpoint electric usage and quantify consumption by measuring, storing, and analyzing parameters on each phase at intervals of your choice from 3 seconds to 24 hours.
The ELITEpro also offers some power quality features such as the ability to view voltage, current, and power waveforms. The ELITEpro can be mounted anywhere, connected at the panel or at the device, anywhere you can isolate the different lines from each other. A wall transformer is included where power is available - use the 3 yr lithium ion battery (included) where it isn't.
ELITEpro will handle any standard type of 60/50Hz power system up to 6500A and 600V (both AC and DC), including single phase & three phase - 3 or 4 wire, delta or wye.
Although not a true power quality analzyer, the ELITEpro can also do spot-check captures of waveforms and harmonics. (For power quality analyzers, see PQMeterStore.com)
Typical applications may include:
- Load Profiling and trending for forecasting energy use.
- Sub-metering for accurate accountability to tenants, process lines, departments or entire buildings with kWh (usage), kW (demand) with peak data and time, real-time load in kW, per phase voltage and amperage display.
- Interval Data Recording for data sampling, recording and reporting.
- Measurement & Verification where baseline studies are required prior to energy efficiency renovations or upgrades then followed with a verification study to measure results.
- Energy Audits and Energy Surveys enabling end users to determine demand profiles and manage energy costs and consumption.
- Demand & Power Metering when doing performance contracting and looking at the physical characteristics of delivered electricity.
Typical energy load applications:
- Building service entrance,
- Main or distribution panels,
- Heat pumps,
- Motors (VFD & VSD)
- Lighting loads,
- Arc furnaces,
- Elevators and escalators.
In addition, there are a number of options that increase versatility:
- Current transformers - dozens of options of split-core, clamp-on and flexible CT
- Extended memory - for 4x longer monitoring capability
- Ethernet port or dial-up modem - for remote access, saving you time
Save money and time by ordering a complete bundle that includes the standard logger, plus software, 3x current transformers and hard carry case. Details are available here:
ELITEpro portable power datalogger c/w 3x 100A CT
ELITEpro portable power datalogger c/w 3 x 150A CT
ELITEpro portable power datalogger c/w 3 x 300/3000A CT
ELITEpro portable power datalogger c/w 3 x 500A CT
ELITEpro portable power datalogger c/w 3 x 1000A CT
- Main ELITEpro power datalogger with 3 yr lithium ion battery
- 4x voltage wires and crocodile clips
- Wall transformer for plug-in power
The Bottom Line:
- Versatile: One instrument to measure single or three phase loads.
- Measures up to four single phase or one three phase Delta or Wye loads
- Includes four channels of current (0-6,000 amps), and three channels of voltage (0-600V ac or dc)
- Smart: Measures kWh, kW, Volts, Amps, kVA, kVAr, watts, VA, VAR, Power Factor, wave form capture & harmonics content.
- Volts - avg, min, max, instantaneous
- Amps - min, max, Ah
- Watts (demand) - avg, min, max
- Volt-Amps (VA), Volt-Amps reactive (VAR), Kilowatts (kW)
- kWh - total energy used
- kVA, kVAR - avg, min, max, kVAh/kVARh
- Power Factor - avg, min, max, instantaneous and harmonics; up to 144 different parameters.
- Programmable: User defined recording intervals of 3, 15, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes, and 1, 12, 24 hours and the ability to select maximum, minimum, average, instantaneous, or all parameters.
- Powerful: Internal memory capacity from 128kB (~25,000 records) to 512kB (~100,000 records) allowing for weeks to months of recording
- Accurate: Better than 1% accuracy (<0.5% typical)
- Communications: Via direct RS232 hookup to PC, through internal modem allowing for remote communications via land lines or cellular networks including AutoPoll or AutoHost capabilities or through wired or wireless LAN systems and the Internet.
- Switchable Power: Battery or auxillary power providing options in varying installations applications.
- Window Based Software Package: ELOG software for ease of programming, set-up, communicating, data retrieval and analysis. Various analysis and graphing features with easy exporting to any ASCII format data file like Excel.
- Clever: Alarm capability to detect, download data and notify the user once predetermined high or low points are meet within any measurement parameter.
- Quick and Easy Installation: Installs within minutes and is equipped with strong magnetic strips for securing inside panels, disconnects or load centers. Hanging brackets included on weather-tight enclosure.
- Compact and Tough: Made of heavy plastic, only 3" x 6" x 2" and just 12 ounces to easily fit inside panels for safety and convenience.
- Acceptance: UL Listed for USA & Canada and CE compliance for Europe.
3 Voltage Channels
0-600 Volts AC or 0-800 Volts DC,Higher AC voltages can be measured with a Potential (voltage) Transformer
4 Current Channels
0-333 mV AC or 0-600 mV DC,Corresponding to 0-6,000+ Amps depending on current transformer selected
Uses voltage output CTs (0-333mVAC) for maximum safety.Compatible with DENT Instruments DATApro and Energy Logger CTs
True RMS using high-speed digital signal processing (DSP)
60, 50, or 400 Hz and DC
1st through 50th
128 times per cycle
Volts, Amps, kW, kVAR, kVA, and Power Factor Maximum, Minimum, Average, (All Parameters) also kWh, kVARh, kVAh, Ah
DC and Fundamental through 50th (odd and even), Total Harmonic Distortion, Crest Factor, for both Current and Voltage.
Voltage, Current, Power
Better Than 1% (<0.5% typical) for V, A, kW, kVAR, kVA, PF exclusive of sensor error
12 bit A/D plus sign (1 part in 4,096):0.01 Amp,0.1 Volt, 1 watt, 1 VAR, 1 VA,0.01 Power Factor
128 kBytes standard (~25,000 readings), or 512 kB (~100,000 readings)
Ring (continuous, write newest over oldest), or Linear (stop when full)
3, 15, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes and 1, 12, 24 hours
2 LEDs:Green to signal when logging, Red to signal low battery
RS-232 to PC via 9 pin null modem cable
1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 28800, 57600 baud
Internal 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 14400 baud, auto-answer, auto-dial modes
Programs Logger, Displays Current Metered Values, Retrieves Data
ASCII and Binary
Internal Lithium Battery; For external power use a Listed (US/Canada) or Certified (non-US) power supply rated 9 VDC minimum 150 mA and marked Class 2,Limited Power Source, or LPS
~3 years, LED indicator of low battery charge
Analog Sampling Rate
3 seconds on external DC power,1 minute when on internal battery
-7 to + 60 oC (20 to 140 oF)
5% to 95% non-condensing
Indoor: High Impact ABS Plastic, UL 94-V0 flame rating
Outdoor:Weather tight enclosure, Polycarbonate UL 94-V2 flame rating
0.4 kg(11 ounces) without modem
8 X 15 X 6 cm(3.2X 5.9 X 2.4)Indoor Enclosure
Computer Software Requirements
A Windows-based computer
The ELOG software that is used for interfacing with the ELITEpro and DATApro instruments. Everything from Setup, Real-time Data Display, Data Analysis, Harmonic / Waveform Capture Analysis, and Automatic Data Collection is built into this Microsoft Windows - based software.
RS232 Serial Communications Kit
USB Communications Kit
This Windows-based software allows user defined recording intervals of 3, 15, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 5, 10,15, 30 minutes, and 1, 12, and 24 hours with the ability to select maximum, minimum, average, instantaneous, or all parameters.
It graphically displays recorded data, performs analyses and allows automatic, remote data collection and alarm capability to detect and display selected values once predetermined high or low points are met within any measurement parameter.
Data is also easily exported to popular spreadsheets and databases for special analyses.
Simple to use, very user friendly.
A bit large to fit inside some electrical panels.
The Bottom Line:
Great to use.